Friday 2 November 2007

Mr Wallens, you star...

And, on a slightly less serious note, here is the other piece featured in last weeks paper.

This came about while I journeyed to Brunel one morning, when I happened to stumble across a unique protest. I thought it might be worth a story, and it paid off!

Here, taken from page 22 (the Diary section, written by the some may say mythical 'Heathman') of the Ham & High.

The Times They are a-Changing

Don't tell the editor, but maybe we could all do with taking a leaf out of Luke Wallens' book?

The 23 year old American recently staged an impromptu demonstration at Finchley Road encouraging commuters to make a change and take the day off.

He said: "One can get quite complacent about their routine. I see many people on the street and on my train who have dead pan faces and aimless eyes, day in, day out. I thought I could present an alternative that's always there but seldom used."

Mr Wallens' received more than a few smirks from commuters, no doubt debating whether or not to take his sage advice.

Heathman of course continued with his journey to the Ham & High offices.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Luke this is awesome!! It made me smile, and I would have loved to be there! You did it for all the right reasons, people need to take a break, and need to smile! Keep having fun!